[suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

12

[suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Charles Moulliard
Hi,

Yesterday night, a interesting and vibrant discussion took place on IRC channel about new look'n'feel of DeltaSpike. As we are human, with different colors perceptions and different tastes, I have find the time this morning to compile some projects and ask you your opinion about which one you prefer and that we could adopt to prepare a model/mock-up for DeltaSpike.

Camel : http://camel.apache.org - []
Play : http://www.playframework.org - []
MongDB : http://www.mongodb.org - []
Accumulo: http://accumulo.apache.org - []
Wookie : http://incubator.apache.org/wookie - []
River : http://river.apache.org - []
OpenEJB : openejb.apache.org - []
Lucene : http://lucene.apache.org - []
Libcloud : http://libcloud.apache.org - []
Esme: http://esme.apache.org - []
Chemistry: chemistry.apache.org - []
Cassandra : http://cassandra.apache.org - []

Beside the look'n'feel, there are also importants questions like :

A) Number of columns for the body
- 3 columns with left TOC, body in the middel and Search/Twitter/News on the right () []
- 2 columns with left TOC, body on the right (accumulo, wookie, esme) []
- 2 columns with right TOC, body on the left (camel, river) []
- 1 column (like OpenEjb, Cassandra or Play) []

B) Theme to be chosen
- http://bootswatch.com/ [],
- http://www.oswd.org/designs/favorites/ []

C) Adoption of CSS3 Grid System or not
- 960.gs []
- http://www.1kbgrid.com/ []
- No Grid System []
(After checking some incubators Apache web site, it appears that nobody uses GS)

What else, a tea or a coffee and take the time to surf on the Net to figure out what Deltaspike WebSite should looks like and next add a cross mark in the [] of this email.

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

AW: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Arne Limburg
+1 for 3 columns

Camel :  http://camel.apache.org http://camel.apache.org  - [] Play :  http://www.playframework.org http://www.playframework.org  - [] MongDB :  http://www.mongodb.org http://www.mongodb.org  - []
Accumulo:  http://accumulo.apache.org http://accumulo.apache.org  - [] Wookie :  http://incubator.apache.org/wookie
http://incubator.apache.org/wookie  - [] River :  http://river.apache.org http://river.apache.org  - [] OpenEJB :  http://openejb.apache.org openejb.apache.org  - [] Lucene :  http://lucene.apache.org http://lucene.apache.org  - [] Libcloud :  http://libcloud.apache.org http://libcloud.apache.org  - []
Esme:  http://esme.apache.org http://esme.apache.org  - []
Chemistry:  http://chemistry.apache.org chemistry.apache.org  - [] Cassandra :  http://cassandra.apache.org http://cassandra.apache.org  - []

[...]

Regards,

-----
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Romain Manni-Bucau
i'd say 1 or 2 columns

- Romain

2012/7/4 Arne Limburg <[hidden email]>

> +1 for 3 columns

Do not forget to answer to the other questions ?

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau [via Apache DeltaSpike Incubator Discussions] <[hidden email]> wrote:
i'd say 1 or 2 columns

- Romain

2012/7/4 Arne Limburg <[hidden email]>

> +1 for 3 columns

To unsubscribe from [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel, click here.
NAML

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Mark Struberg
All options have pros and cons.

The main question is how long the 'real' content will become. If we do 3 columns, we might end up having almost empty columns left and right - at least when you scroll down a bit.

I'm also not a big fan of doing too much twitter and facebook, whatever stuff. A twitter field is the new marquee - mostly useless information and sucks up all your battery...

>>  Yesterday night, a interesting and vibrant discussion took place on IRC
>>  channel about new look'n'feel of DeltaSpike. As we are human, with
>>  different colors perceptions and different tastes, I have find the time
>>  this morning to compile some projects and ask you your opinion about which
>>  one you prefer and that we could adopt to prepare a model/mock-up for
>>  DeltaSpike.
>>
>>  Camel :  http://camel.apache.org http://camel.apache.org  - [] Play :
>>  http://www.playframework.org http://www.playframework.org  - [] MongDB :
>>  http://www.mongodb.org http://www.mongodb.org  - []
>>  Accumulo:  http://accumulo.apache.org http://accumulo.apache.org  - []
>>  Wookie :  http://incubator.apache.org/wookie
>>  http://incubator.apache.org/wookie  - [] River :  http://river.apache.org
>>  http://river.apache.org  - [] OpenEJB :  http://openejb.apache.org
>>  openejb.apache.org  - [] Lucene :  http://lucene.apache.org
>>  http://lucene.apache.org  - [] Libcloud :  http://libcloud.apache.org
>>  http://libcloud.apache.org  - []
>>  Esme:  http://esme.apache.org http://esme.apache.org  - []
>>  Chemistry:  http://chemistry.apache.org chemistry.apache.org  - []
>>  Cassandra :  http://cassandra.apache.org http://cassandra.apache.org  - []
>>
>>  Beside the look'n'feel, there are also importants questions like :
>>
>>  A) Number of columns for the body
>>  - 3 columns with left TOC, body in the middel and Search/Twitter/News on
>>  the right () []
>>  - 2 columns with left TOC, body on the right (accumulo, wookie, esme) []
>>  - 2 columns with right TOC, body on the left (camel, river) []
>>  - 1 column (like OpenEjb, Cassandra or Play) []
>>
>>  B) Theme to be chosen
>>  - http://bootswatch.com/ [],
>>  - http://www.oswd.org/designs/favorites/ []
>>
>>  C) Adoption of CSS3 Grid System or not
>>  - 960.gs []
>>  - http://www.1kbgrid.com/ []
>>  - No Grid System []
>>  (After checking some incubators Apache web site, it appears that nobody
>>  uses
>>  GS)
>>
>>  What else, a tea or a coffee and take the time to surf on the Net to
>>  figure out what Deltaspike WebSite should looks like and next add a cross
>>  mark in the [] of this email.
>>
>>  Regards,
>>

>>  -----
>>  Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
>>  Email: [hidden email]
>>  Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
>>  Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>>  --
>>  at Nabble.com.

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1 for css3

i like http://fedoraproject.org/ LAF

- Romain

http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

> -----
> Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> at Nabble.com.

AW: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Arne Limburg
Currently I have no opinion about the other questions ;-)
I have to take some time to compare the pages...

Do not forget to answer to the other questions ?

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau [via Apache DeltaSpike Incubator Discussions] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> i'd say 1 or 2 columns
>

> - Romain
>

> 2012/7/4 Arne Limburg <[hidden
> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4652979&i=0>>
>

> > +1 for 3 columns

Paul Dijou
Hi,

I would go with one column by default with a top navbar. But 2 columns is
also fine. 3 seems a bit too much to me.

Using a grid system is good for that kind of site since it's mainly text
content which can easily adapt to different widths. I would probably use
Twitter Bootstrap.

No idea about the design... but I think there is Apache project already
using Bootstrap for their website so maybe taking inspiration from them.

Paul.

2012/7/4 Arne Limburg <[hidden email]>

> Currently I have no opinion about the other questions ;-)
> I have to take some time to compare the pages...

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
+1, 3 columns seems too much.
CSS3 and bootstrap is easy (OpenEJB is based on).

Jean-Louis

2012/7/4 Paul Dijou <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> I would go with one column by default with a top navbar. But 2 columns is
> also fine. 3 seems a bit too much to me.
>
> Using a grid system is good for that kind of site since it's mainly text
> content which can easily adapt to different widths. I would probably use
> Twitter Bootstrap.
>
> No idea about the design... but I think there is Apache project already
> using Bootstrap for their website so maybe taking inspiration from them.
>
> Paul.
>
> 2012/7/4 Arne Limburg <[hidden email]>
>
> > Currently I have no opinion about the other questions ;-)
> > I have to take some time to compare the pages...

Pete Muir

On 4 Jul 2012, at 08:09, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yesterday night, a interesting and vibrant discussion took place on IRC
> channel about new look'n'feel of DeltaSpike. As we are human, with different
> colors perceptions and different tastes, I have find the time this morning
> to compile some projects and ask you your opinion about which one you prefer
> and that we could adopt to prepare a model/mock-up for DeltaSpike.
>
> Camel :  http://camel.apache.org http://camel.apache.org  - []
> Play :  http://www.playframework.org http://www.playframework.org  - []
> MongDB :  http://www.mongodb.org http://www.mongodb.org  - []
> Accumulo:  http://accumulo.apache.org http://accumulo.apache.org  - []
> Wookie :  http://incubator.apache.org/wookie
> http://incubator.apache.org/wookie  - []
> River :  http://river.apache.org http://river.apache.org  - []
> OpenEJB :  http://openejb.apache.org openejb.apache.org  - []
> Lucene :  http://lucene.apache.org http://lucene.apache.org  - []
> Libcloud :  http://libcloud.apache.org http://libcloud.apache.org  - []
> Esme:  http://esme.apache.org http://esme.apache.org  - []
> Chemistry:  http://chemistry.apache.org chemistry.apache.org  - []
> Cassandra :  http://cassandra.apache.org http://cassandra.apache.org  - []

The order I like them, one I like the least at the bottom:

TomEE (Great, it tells me what it is, I've got a video to look at really quickly, it gives me a call to action, it leads me into getting started, it's got news, there aren't too many things to do)
Cassandra (This is great, it's got a clear thing for me to do (download), tells me what Cassandra is, and I can easily choose where to go next)
MongoDB (This is pretty good, they've kept the information quite relevant on the front page with features, events, case studies, only criticism is they have 4 calls to action)
ESME (This is a nice clean site. Not too many links, it tells me what it is. There is a (slightly hidden) call to action. There is no updates about what is going on. I can easily find how to get started and get involved).
Lucene (This is pretty good, it tells me what Lucene is, it gives a me a call to action, it has some news (with dates!). However it's muddled by being about multiple projects, and therefore multiple CTAs. I couldn't see how to get started)
Play (this is a bit cluttered, too much going on)
Libcloud (this has the right info (references, what is it, how to get started), but's its not where I expect it, which is confusing. The vendor logos distract me. There is no obvious call to action). Design is a bit in your face)
Chemistry (This has some of the right info - it tells me what it is but there is no call to action, I can't see where to get started, there are too many logos (apache + CMIS + Chemistry). It does have project news, with dates, design feels a bit cobbled together)
Camel (this is ok, it took me a while to find the call to action, and it's not obvious (a shrinkwrapped box doesn't shout DOWNLOAD), there are generally too many options, it looks very old school)
Wookie (no call to action, no info on what's going on, I can easily find where to start though)
Accumulo (no call to action, no info on what is going on (e.g. events), very boring theme, i'm not sure how I would get started)
River (no call to action, no info on what it is, too many links, very boring theme, but does have some updating content - but no dates, which really negates the purpose of it)

> Beside the look'n'feel, there are also importants questions like :
>
> A) Number of columns for the body
> - 3 columns with left TOC, body in the middel and Search/Twitter/News on the
> right () []
> - 2 columns with left TOC, body on the right (accumulo, wookie, esme) []
> - 2 columns with right TOC, body on the left (camel, river) []
> - 1 column (like OpenEjb, Cassandra or Play) []

I like starting with 1 column, and then having more underneath. Navigation on the top, rather in the body, works well for me.

> B) Theme to be chosen
> - http://bootswatch.com/ [],
> - http://www.oswd.org/designs/favorites/ []
>
> C) Adoption of CSS3 Grid System or not
> - 960.gs []
> - http://www.1kbgrid.com/ []
> - No Grid System []
> (After checking some incubators Apache web site, it appears that nobody uses
> GS)

I would use bootstrap, and create our own design.

Here are a couple of bootstrap based sites we did that we did the design for:

http://arquillian.org/
http://www.jboss.org/jdf/

and as a result, don't really look like bootstrap.

> What else, a tea or a coffee and take the time to surf on the Net to figure
> out what Deltaspike WebSite should looks like and next add a cross mark in
> the [] of this email.
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Mark Struberg
Administrator
Great, thanks!

Just a technical note: in markdown you can define 'metadata' like it's currently done with the

title:

I think we can also introduce our own like

mainmenu: core, jpa, jsf

which we can render as menus to core.html, jpa.html, jsf.html

Have not done it yet, but I guess this is possible.

> [...]
> uses
>>  GS)
>
> I would use bootstrap, and create our own design.
>
> Here are a couple of bootstrap based sites we did that we did the design for:
>
> http://arquillian.org/
> http://www.jboss.org/jdf/
>
> and as a result, don't really look like bootstrap.
>

>>  What else, a tea or a coffee and take the time to surf on the Net to figure
>>  out what Deltaspike WebSite should looks like and next add a cross mark in
>>  the [] of this email.
>>
>>  Regards,
>>

>>  -----
>>  Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
>>  Email: [hidden email]
>>  Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
>>  Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> at Nabble.com.

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Mehdi Heidarzadeh
+1 for CSS3
Most people like fancy and eye catching web sites.
I think play, fedora, arquillian, jdf and open ejb has good home pages.
Just to include another example of fancy web site, take a look at this site
too ;)
http://www.heroku.com/ (don't forget to take a look at all pages)

>>twitter bootstrap
I think it's better not to use this.
I don't know why but when ever I want to visit such sites, it takes a long
time to load twitter stuff!!!

Beside having a good design and layout we should think about content of the
home page which is more important.
Consider people visit the site for the first time, both newbie and a
professional developers.
How should we introduce the project?
What is the goal of Deltaspike?
How can DS make developers life easier?
and ...
I think we should talk in another thread about it.

--
Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Cody Lerum
Twitter Bootstrap != Twitter widgets or Twitter feeds

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html

It's just a nice lightweight set of CSS files and optional jquery
enabled javascript components for doing fast clean website layouts.

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Mehdi Heidarzadeh
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for CSS3
> Most people like fancy and eye catching web sites.
> I think play, fedora, arquillian, jdf and open ejb has good home pages.
> Just to include another example of fancy web site, take a look at this site
> too ;)
> http://www.heroku.com/ (don't forget to take a look at all pages)
>
>>>twitter bootstrap
> I think it's better not to use this.
> I don't know why but when ever I want to visit such sites, it takes a long
> time to load twitter stuff!!!
>
> Beside having a good design and layout we should think about content of the
> home page which is more important.
> Consider people visit the site for the first time, both newbie and a
> professional developers.
> How should we introduce the project?
> What is the goal of Deltaspike?
> How can DS make developers life easier?
> and ...
> I think we should talk in another thread about it.
>

> --
> Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
> Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
> http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Mehdi Heidarzadeh
aha, thanks Cody
now got it, it's now because of twitter bootstrap it's because of twitter
feeds that is in some of those web sites.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Cody Lerum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Twitter Bootstrap != Twitter widgets or Twitter feeds
>
> http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html
>
> It's just a nice lightweight set of CSS files and optional jquery
> enabled javascript components for doing fast clean website layouts.

--
Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Charles Moulliard
Excellent remark : The quality of the web site really depends on its
content and How we present DeltaSpike: "What is supposed to be- goals, use
cases addressed, ..."

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Mehdi Heidarzadeh <[hidden email]>wrote:

> +1 for CSS3
> Most people like fancy and eye catching web sites.
> I think play, fedora, arquillian, jdf and open ejb has good home pages.
> Just to include another example of fancy web site, take a look at this site
> too ;)
> http://www.heroku.com/ (don't forget to take a look at all pages)
>
> >>twitter bootstrap
> I think it's better not to use this.
> I don't know why but when ever I want to visit such sites, it takes a long
> time to load twitter stuff!!!
>
> Beside having a good design and layout we should think about content of the
> home page which is more important.
> Consider people visit the site for the first time, both newbie and a
> professional developers.
> How should we introduce the project?
> What is the goal of Deltaspike?
> How can DS make developers life easier?
> and ...
> I think we should talk in another thread about it.
>

> --
> Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
> Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
> http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Charles Moulliard
As it seems that we agree to have a site with one central column and one top nav bar using bootswatch/scaffolding + CSS3, I would like to introduce the next point that we completely forget in my email post.

What about the Project name (see here about previous discussions : http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/deltaspike/project-name.html) and a logo ?

WooDI, SnooDI, PigDI, ...

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Mehdi Heidarzadeh [via Apache DeltaSpike Incubator Discussions] <[hidden email]> wrote:
aha, thanks Cody
now got it, it's now because of twitter bootstrap it's because of twitter
feeds that is in some of those web sites.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Cody Lerum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Twitter Bootstrap != Twitter widgets or Twitter feeds
>
> http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html
>
> It's just a nice lightweight set of CSS files and optional jquery
> enabled javascript components for doing fast clean website layouts.

--
Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

NAML

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1 for a logo but the project name is defined i think

- Romain

2012/7/5 Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>

> As it seems that we agree to have a site with one central column and one
> top nav bar using bootswatch/scaffolding + CSS3, I would like to introduce
> the next point that we completely forget in my email post.
>
> What about the Project name (see here about previous discussions :
> http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/deltaspike/project-name.html) and a
> logo ?
>
> WooDI, SnooDI, PigDI, ...
>

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Mehdi Heidarzadeh [via Apache DeltaSpike
> Incubator Discussions] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > aha, thanks Cody
> > now got it, it's now because of twitter bootstrap it's because of twitter
> > feeds that is in some of those web sites.
> >
> > On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Cody Lerum <[hidden email]<
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Twitter Bootstrap != Twitter widgets or Twitter feeds
> > >
> > > http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html
> > >
> > > It's just a nice lightweight set of CSS files and optional jquery
> > > enabled javascript components for doing fast clean website layouts.
> > >

> > --
> > Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
> > Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
> > http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

> > .
> > NAML<

http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

> -----
> Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> at Nabble.com.

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Charles Moulliard
The project-name page mentions that a better name should be find ...
DeltaSpike is a bit long. You don't think ?

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]>wrote:

> +1 for a logo but the project name is defined i think
>
> - Romain
>

> 2012/7/5 Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>
>
> > As it seems that we agree to have a site with one central column and one
> > top nav bar using bootswatch/scaffolding + CSS3, I would like to
> introduce
> > the next point that we completely forget in my email post.
> >
> > What about the Project name (see here about previous discussions :
> > http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/deltaspike/project-name.html) and a
> > logo ?
> >
> > WooDI, SnooDI, PigDI, ...
> >

> > On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Mehdi Heidarzadeh [via Apache DeltaSpike
> > Incubator Discussions] <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > aha, thanks Cody
> > > now got it, it's now because of twitter bootstrap it's because of
> twitter
> > > feeds that is in some of those web sites.
> > >
> > > On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Cody Lerum <[hidden email]<
> > http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4653007&i=0>>

> > > --
> > > Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
> > > Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
> > > http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

> > > .
> > > NAML<

http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

> > -----
> > Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> > Email: [hidden email]
> > Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> > Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> > --
> archive
> > at Nabble.com.

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Romain Manni-Bucau
whatever today it is know, i don't think changing it is a good idea

- Romain

2012/7/5 Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>

> The project-name page mentions that a better name should be find ...
> DeltaSpike is a bit long. You don't think ?
>
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Romain Manni-Bucau <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > +1 for a logo but the project name is defined i think
> >
> > - Romain
> >

> > 2012/7/5 Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>
> >
> > > As it seems that we agree to have a site with one central column and
> one
> > > top nav bar using bootswatch/scaffolding + CSS3, I would like to
> > introduce
> > > the next point that we completely forget in my email post.
> > >
> > > What about the Project name (see here about previous discussions :
> > > http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/deltaspike/project-name.html)
> and a
> > > logo ?
> > >
> > > WooDI, SnooDI, PigDI, ...
> > >

> > > On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Mehdi Heidarzadeh [via Apache
> DeltaSpike

> > twitter

> > > http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4653007&i=0>>

> > discussion
> > > >

> http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/suggestion-DeltaSpike-look-n-feel-tp4652977p4653007.html
> here<

http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

> > > -----
> > > Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> > > Email: [hidden email]
> > > Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> > > Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> > > --
> > archive
> > > at Nabble.com.

Re: [suggestion] - DeltaSpike look'n'feel

Mark Struberg
+1

But before anyone is too excited about a new cool name please use a few trademark sites like

http://www.trademarkia.com/

+ a we search for projects to check if the name is not already taken.

Did take us 2 months... ;)

> As it seems that we agree to have a site with one central column and one
> top nav bar using bootswatch/scaffolding + CSS3, I would like to introduce
> the next point that we completely forget in my email post.
>
> What about the Project name (see here about previous discussions :
> http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/deltaspike/project-name.html) and a
> logo ?
>
> WooDI, SnooDI, PigDI, ...
>

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Mehdi Heidarzadeh [via Apache DeltaSpike
> Incubator Discussions] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  aha, thanks Cody
>>  now got it, it's now because of twitter bootstrap it's because of
> twitter
>>  feeds that is in some of those web sites.
>>
>>  On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Cody Lerum <[hidden
> email]<http://user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4653007&i=0>>
>>  wrote:
>>
>>  > Twitter Bootstrap != Twitter widgets or Twitter feeds
>>  >
>>  > http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html
>>  >
>>  > It's just a nice lightweight set of CSS files and optional jquery
>>  > enabled javascript components for doing fast clean website layouts.
>>  >
>>  >
>>
>>  --
>>  Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
>>  Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
>>  http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

> here<
>>  .
>>
> NAML<
http://apache-deltaspike-incubator-discussions.2316169.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

> -----
> Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> Nabble.com.