[Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

1234

[Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Charles Moulliard
Hi,

I have created a new look'n'feel for DeltaSpike including logo, web site. You can consult pages created and content generated from markdown pages here

Home page : http://people.apache.org/~cmoulliard/deltaspike/deltaspike-home.html

You can click on more details button under "Examples", "Goals" or "Community", "Support" in the nav bar

Others pages are available. Here is the list :

I18.html
backlog.html
build.html
cdi-1.1-proposals.html
community.html
deltaspike-home.html
drafts.html
examples.html
exception_draft.html
exceptions.html
features.html
getting-involved.html
getting-started.html
index.html
integration-tests.html
irc.html
jpa.html
logo-medium-S1.png
migration-guide.html
news.html
project-name.html
project-structure.html
release-preparation.html
resources
se-features-ranking.html
security.html
sitemap.html
source.html
spi.html
suggested-git-workflows.html
supporters.html
tools.html

Remarks and comments are also welcome

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Mark Struberg
Administrator
looks fine to me!

> I have created a new look'n'feel for DeltaSpike including logo, web
> site.
> You can consult pages created and content generated from markdown pages here
>
> Home page :
> http://people.apache.org/~cmoulliard/deltaspike/deltaspike-home.html
>
> You can click on more details button under "Examples",
> "Goals" or
> "Community", "Support" in the nav bar
>
> Others pages are available. Here is the list :
>
> I18.html
> backlog.html
> build.html
> cdi-1.1-proposals.html
> community.html
> deltaspike-home.html
> drafts.html
> examples.html
> exception_draft.html
> exceptions.html
> features.html
> getting-involved.html
> getting-started.html
> index.html
> integration-tests.html
> irc.html
> jpa.html
> logo-medium-S1.png
> migration-guide.html
> news.html
> project-name.html
> project-structure.html
> release-preparation.html
> resources
> se-features-ranking.html
> security.html
> sitemap.html
> source.html
> spi.html
> suggested-git-workflows.html
> supporters.html
> tools.html
>
> Remarks and comments are also welcome
>
> Regards,
>

> -----
> Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
> Nabble.com.

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Jason Porter
What exactly are we voting on?

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com

Software Engineer
Open Source Advocate

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Mark Struberg
Administrator

right, it's not really a vote yet. as there is the +1... stuff missing.

Imo it doesn't need an official vote, but more a lazy consensus.

But if more people like it, then we can go for it.

>________________________________

Romain Manni-Bucau
i think it needs a nicer theme (colors) but it is a really nice startup!

- Romain

2012/7/5 Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>

> right, it's not really a vote yet. as there is the +1... stuff missing.
>
> Imo it doesn't need an official vote, but more a lazy consensus.
>

> But if more people like it, then we can go for it.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> >________________________________

Pete Muir
I agree, it would be good to get a bit further away from the default bootstrap theme, make it look more individual...

On 5 Jul 2012, at 15:45, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> i think it needs a nicer theme (colors) but it is a really nice startup!
>
> - Romain
>

> 2012/7/5 Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
>

>> right, it's not really a vote yet. as there is the +1... stuff missing.
>>
>> Imo it doesn't need an official vote, but more a lazy consensus.
>>

>> But if more people like it, then we can go for it.
>>
>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>>> ________________________________

I'm open to any suggestion to improve what we have. To facilitate the work, I propose to split the list of points, questions :

1) Do we keep the theme of the nav_bar ? [] []
2) Do we agree on the new logo ? [] []
3) Do we have to change the colors/font/size of the body (content of the colors) ? [] []
4) Is there a video or an interview of one of the engineer introducing/presenting the project ? [] []

Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Mehdi Heidarzadeh
+1
l&f is ok.
about the logo,
since DS helps developing jee applications easier and faster and it really
has (or will have) powerful and comprehensive set of portable extensions,
how about adding a velocity and flame effects on that?
i have the idea in my mind but unfortunately i'm not much of a design tool
player! to visualize my ideas and attach them here.
--
Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I'm open to any suggestion to improve what we have. To facilitate the
> work, I
> propose to split the list of points, questions :
>
> 1) Do we keep the theme of the nav_bar ? [] []

+0 If we do keep it we should modify at least the colors, maybe other
things in it

> 2) Do we agree on the new logo ? [] []

+0 As a temp it's fine

> 3) Do we have to change the colors/font/size of the body (content of the
> colors) ? [] []

+1 Modifying the base colors is a must. Also having a larger font 14pt at
least helps with readability

> 4) Is there a video or an interview of one of the engineer
> introducing/presenting the project ? [] []

Not one that I'm aware of.

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Mehdi Heidarzadeh
>> make it look more individual...
+1
this will make visitors to always remember this site.
if you look at play or spring website they have their own unique style and
design. I always remember them by their color and style.
specially this one: http://www.heroku.com/ , which is spectacular.

>> 4) Is there a video or an interview of one of the engineer
introducing/presenting the project ?
In my opinion this has a big +1 if we could make a good introduction video
and some developers speak in that video and introduce DS and talk about
it's benefits.
Have you seen Google Web Toolkit 2.0 New
Features<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uExEw3OVMd0&feature=relmfu>video.
This is really great.

--
Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Charles Moulliard
Here is a new proposition where color has been changed in the nav bar, nav bar is bigger too, size is bigger for text, change color box in green

http://cl.ly/3c0z1p141P1y3E2g0p1y
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Pete Muir
Liking it more already!

What about aligning the button colours with the overall colour scheme?

On 5 Jul 2012, at 17:34, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Here is a new proposition where color has been changed in the nav bar, nav
> bar is bigger too, size is bigger for text, change color box in green
>
> http://cl.ly/3c0z1p141P1y3E2g0p1y
>
> -----
> Apache Committer / Sr. Pr. Consultant at FuseSource.com
> Email: [hidden email]
> Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
> Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Romain Manni-Bucau
i don't like the top, preferred the previous one, maybe in blue?

- Romain

you could play around with some of the colors I did. I started with 2 colors and then used http://kuler.adobe.com to get fresh color ideas.

More blue : http://cl.ly/0G442o3Y3P1Q0n150125
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Mehdi Heidarzadeh
http://colorschemedesigner.com/ may help too.
It's a great tool to select colors with a the right harmony.

--
Mehdi Heidarzadeh Ardalani
Independent JEE Consultant, Architect and Developer.
http://www.TheBigJavaBlog.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Charles Moulliard
Great tool, I will have a look tomorrow morning

If some volunteers are interested to chase colors, that should help all of us ;-)
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter : @cmoulliard, @fusenews
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Jason Porter
Not really digging the green.

PGP key id: 926CCFF5

Re: [Vote] New DeltaSpike Web site

Charles Moulliard
If you don't like, maybe you could try to suggest something .... ;-)

Proposition of colors :

- Sand + blue (http://colorschemedesigner.com/#0y21Tw0w0w0w0) [] []
- Sand + yellow + red (http://colorschemedesigner.com/#0y51Tw0w0w0w0)  [] []
- Blue + Sand + Orange (http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3u31Tw0w0w0w0) [] []
- Sand (http://colorschemedesigner.com/#0F11Tw0w0w0w0)

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:36 AM, Charles Moulliard <[hidden email]>wrote:

> If you don't like, maybe you could try to suggest something .... ;-)
>
> Proposition of colors :
>
> - Sand + blue (http://colorschemedesigner.com/#0y21Tw0w0w0w0) [] []

+1

> - Sand + yellow + red (http://colorschemedesigner.com/#0y51Tw0w0w0w0)  []