[VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

12

[VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

Mark Struberg
Administrator
Lords and Ladies.

Please find attached the PROPOSAL for graduating DeltaSpike out of the Incubator and establishing it as TLP.

[+1] yea, all fine and I like it
[+0] no blocker, but I don't care
[-1] nah there's a blocker in there. Abort and re-roll because of ${reason}

The internal VOTE is open for 72h. After that we gonna tally and forward the VOTE to the IPMC to VOTE about the recommendation. Once this is done, the board might consider our wish in the upcoming board meeting.

---------------

Proposed Board Resolution Report
X. Establish the Apache DeltaSpike Project

open-source software related to creating a set
of portable CDI (JSR-299) Extensions
for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache DeltaSpike Project",
Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of open-source
software related to creating a set of portable CDI Extensions;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache DeltaSpike" be
and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache DeltaSpike Project, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further

Apache DeltaSpike Project:

Gerhard Petracek <gpetracek at apache.org>
Mark Struberg <struberg at apache.org>
Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com>
Jason Porter <lightguard.jp at gmail.com>
Shane Bryzak <sbryzak at gmail.com>
Rudy de Busscher <rdebusscher at apache.org
Christian Kaltepoth <christian at kaltepoth.de>
Arne Limburg <arne.limburg at openknowledge.de>
Charles Moulliard <cmoulliard at gmail.com>
Cody Lerum <cody.lerum at gmail.com>
Romain Mannu-Buccau <rmannibucau at gmail.com>
Matthew Jason Benson <mbenson at apache.org>
Jim Jagielski <jim at apache.org>
David Blevins <dblevins at apache.org>
Ken Finnigan <ken at kenfinnigan.me>
John D. Ament <johndament at apache.org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Mark Struberg
be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache DeltaSpike, to
serve in accordance with and subject to the direction of the
death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further

Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
Project are hereafter discharged.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

john.d.ament
Sorry, but -1

In my opinion, there are clearly disconnects between the former CODI team
and the former Seam3 team that are showing to be true blockers to being a
cohesive community.  There has been no real merger of the two communities
to form DeltaSpike.  DeltaSpike has failed to "release early and often."

I believe for this podling to graduate, we need to become a single team and
work on becoming that single team.

John

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

Hi John!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

The DeltaSpike project now runs for 1 year. The list of initial committers are all the people who contributed to it in one form or the other. Means code drops, documentation, etc. There are exactly 2 people from the CODI Team in DeltaSpike. These are Gerhard and me. The rest is from either the Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my opinion the community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy if there are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is a pretty stable set of 5+ regular committers.

We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break because I was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are short before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if I'd be happier if we would improve our release rate).

>________________________________

Jason Porter
+1 Let's get this to a TLP :)

Jason Porter
http://en.gravatar.com/lightguardjp

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1 finished parts are already in prod and other parts are coming (even if
we all would like it to be faster ;)

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

2013/3/25 Jason Porter <[hidden email]>

> +1 Let's get this to a TLP :)
>

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi John!
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
> >
> > The DeltaSpike project now runs for 1 year. The list of initial
> committers
> > are all the people who contributed to it in one form or the other. Means
> > code drops, documentation, etc. There are exactly 2 people from the CODI
> > Team in DeltaSpike. These are Gerhard and me. The rest is from either the
> > Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my opinion
> the
> > community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy if
> there
> > are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is a
> pretty
> > stable set of 5+ regular committers.
> >

> > We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break because
> > was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are short
> > before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if I'd be happier
> > if we would improve our release rate).
> >

> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > >________________________________
> > > From: John D. Ament <[hidden email]>

Shane Bryzak-2
+1

On 26/03/13 08:21, Jason Porter wrote:

> +1 Let's get this to a TLP :)
>

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi John!
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
>>
>> The DeltaSpike project now runs for 1 year. The list of initial committers
>> are all the people who contributed to it in one form or the other. Means
>> code drops, documentation, etc. There are exactly 2 people from the CODI
>> Team in DeltaSpike. These are Gerhard and me. The rest is from either the
>> Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my opinion the
>> community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy if there
>> are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is a pretty
>> stable set of 5+ regular committers.
>>

>> We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break because I
>> was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are short
>> before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if I'd be happier
>> if we would improve our release rate).
>>

>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>
>>> ________________________________
>>> From: John D. Ament <[hidden email]>

Mark,

My vote isn't a -1 to DeltaSpike, she's just not ready to blossom yet.
 Maybe another month or two :-)

I will point out an issue which I don't think we've resolved yet per the
documentation on incubator.a.o

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements

- We have not established whether DS is a suitable name; e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PODLINGNAMESEARCH
has
no entry for DeltaSpike.  Also we have not forwarded the vote thread to
[hidden email] to let them know we're thinking about it.

However, most of my comments are around this section of graduation:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community - I don't
believe we've done this too well.  There are only three developers I see on
the  list that were not on
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DeltaSpikeProposal - In fact we now have
16 vs the original 21 proposed (technically does that mean we shrank?)

Three releases is good.  I think I even saw a podling attempt to graduate
that only released their parent POM a couple times :-)

Since this is procedural, I'm assuming we're following majority, per
http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html .  I don't believe we need
100% consensus in the matter then, correct?

John

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi John!
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
>
> The DeltaSpike project now runs for 1 year. The list of initial committers
> are all the people who contributed to it in one form or the other. Means
> code drops, documentation, etc. There are exactly 2 people from the CODI
> Team in DeltaSpike. These are Gerhard and me. The rest is from either the
> Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my opinion the
> community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy if there
> are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is a pretty
> stable set of 5+ regular committers.
>

> We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break because I
> was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are short
> before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if I'd be happier
> if we would improve our release rate).
>

> LieGrue,
> strub
>
> >________________________________
> > From: John D. Ament <[hidden email]>

Nicklas Karlsson
+1

I guess it's a bit of a "chicken and egg"-thingie (taking off as a project
and building community). The current team is talented and I don't doubt it
will thrive and become the "de facto" extension framework for CDI, however
for the project to really take off it would help if

* The documentation covered everything that can be done (even brief is
better that nothing)
* A clear roadmap (e.g the focus for 0.5 will be JSF and will cover the
following JIRAs, the estimate release window is xx.xx)
* Tutoring/orchestration for the team (some overview on who could do what,
make sure stuff integrates well)
* A catchy name ;-) I'm not sure if the name is on the table but I'm not
overly fond of the current name. Perhaps something more "snappy" in the
lines of Snap, Crackle, Pop, Chew, Bite. OK, not those but you get the
point...

And I do appreciate the fact that this is a volunteer-project and people
have limited hours.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:34 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Mark,
>
> My vote isn't a -1 to DeltaSpike, she's just not ready to blossom yet.
>  Maybe another month or two :-)
>
> I will point out an issue which I don't think we've resolved yet per the
> documentation on incubator.a.o
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements
>
> - We have not established whether DS is a suitable name; e.g.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PODLINGNAMESEARCH
> has
> no entry for DeltaSpike.  Also we have not forwarded the vote thread to
> [hidden email] to let them know we're thinking about it.
>
> However, most of my comments are around this section of graduation:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community - I don't
> believe we've done this too well.  There are only three developers I see on
> the  list that were not on
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DeltaSpikeProposal - In fact we now have
> 16 vs the original 21 proposed (technically does that mean we shrank?)
>
> Three releases is good.  I think I even saw a podling attempt to graduate
> that only released their parent POM a couple times :-)
>
> Since this is procedural, I'm assuming we're following majority, per
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html .  I don't believe we need
> 100% consensus in the matter then, correct?
>
> John
>

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Hi John!
> >
> > I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
> >
> > The DeltaSpike project now runs for 1 year. The list of initial
> committers
> > are all the people who contributed to it in one form or the other. Means
> > code drops, documentation, etc. There are exactly 2 people from the CODI
> > Team in DeltaSpike. These are Gerhard and me. The rest is from either the
> > Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my opinion
> the
> > community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy if
> there
> > are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is a
> pretty
> > stable set of 5+ regular committers.
> >

> > We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break because
> > was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are short
> > before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if I'd be happier
> > if we would improve our release rate).
> >

> > LieGrue,
> > strub
> >
> > >________________________________
> > > From: John D. Ament <[hidden email]>

Nicklas Karlsson, +358 40 5062266
Vaakunatie 10 as 7, 20780 Kaarina

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

Санжар Жалилов
[+1]

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

titou10 titou10
At least @Nicklas, @Esteve and I share almost the same point of view.
In order:
1. have a clear list of things to do to have a basic JSF (ie scopes)
+JPA+security modules and make them work for DS v0.4
2. have a basic documentation for DS v0.4 more from a user/integrator
point of view than from a DS designer/architect point of view
3. have sample apps:
- one sample app that demonstrate all of the JSF/scopes components,
with a login page and a basic database model (with derby)
- one that demonstrate the usaege of DS in J2SE for batchs or unit tests
4. find a name: CDILink?  Caramel?  Glue?  Caddie?
5. graduate to TLP
6. define and publicies what v0.5 will contain: updates in
JSF+JPA+security+fondation, new modules (cdi-queries, servlet) etc.

WDYT?

2013/3/26 Nicklas Karlsson <[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>> committers
>> > are all the people who contributed to it in one form or the other. Means
>> > code drops, documentation, etc. There are exactly 2 people from the CODI
>> > Team in DeltaSpike. These are Gerhard and me. The rest is from either the
>> > Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my opinion
>> the
>> > community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy if
>> there
>> > are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is a
>> pretty
>> > stable set of 5+ regular committers.
>> >

>> > We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break because
>> > was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are short
>> > before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if I'd be happier

Dennis, all fair points. But please consider that we all (well, most of us) do this in our spare time.
You are also welcome to join the effort and help us moving forward, provide feedback, documentation, samples, code, etc

> [...]
> either the
>>>  > Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my
> opinion
>>>  the
>>>  > community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy
> if
>>>  there
>>>  > are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is
>>>  pretty
>>>  > stable set of 5+ regular committers.
>>>  >
>>>  >
>>>  > We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break
> because
>>>  > was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are
> short
>>>  > before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if
> I'd be happier
>>>  > if we would improve our release rate).

Pete Muir
+1

On 25 Mar 2013, at 21:35, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

To come back to your fair points:

I've now updated the incubation status page [1] and reflected a few of your points:

* DS naming: I've used trademarkia and a few others, and DeltaSpike is still free of usage and not yet trademarked. Did this a year ago as well. So the name is ok. It might not be the best, but in the last year nobody came up with a better one. We can still rename if we some day find a better name.

* committers
> 16 vs the original 21 proposed (technically does that mean we shrank?)
This is quite natural. There were quite a few people who have been very vocal about contributing but ended up not even registering to the mailing list. I'm not blaming anyone because I know how hard it is to get a few hours per week spare time. In ASF projects it's all about merit - and obviously those people who didn't yet contribute nor even show up cannot make it to the initial contributors list. We are of course happy about future contributions from each and everyone!
Otoh we also have people who just came on board later and added substantial contributions!

The real question is the number of people who are active on a more or less regular basis, and we are doing quite fine in this regard.

> Since this is procedural, I'm assuming we're following majority, per
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html .  I don't believe we need
> 100% consensus in the matter then, correct?

Yes, but I'm also happy you raised those questions in public because there is always room for improvement and things we can aim to do better.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/deltaspike.html   (make sure you force a page refresh)

> My vote isn't a -1 to DeltaSpike, she's just not ready to blossom yet.
> Maybe another month or two :-)
>
> I will point out an issue which I don't think we've resolved yet per the
> documentation on incubator.a.o
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#requirements
>
> - We have not established whether DS is a suitable name; e.g.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PODLINGNAMESEARCH
> has
> no entry for DeltaSpike.  Also we have not forwarded the vote thread to
> [hidden email] to let them know we're thinking about it.
>
> However, most of my comments are around this section of graduation:
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#community - I don't
> believe we've done this too well.  There are only three developers I see on
> the  list that were not on
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DeltaSpikeProposal - In fact we now have
> 16 vs the original 21 proposed (technically does that mean we shrank?)
>
> Three releases is good.  I think I even saw a podling attempt to graduate
> that only released their parent POM a couple times :-)
>
> Since this is procedural, I'm assuming we're following majority, per
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html .  I don't believe we need
> 100% consensus in the matter then, correct?
>
> John
>

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>  Hi John!
>>
>>  I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
>>
>>  The DeltaSpike project now runs for 1 year. The list of initial committers
>>  are all the people who contributed to it in one form or the other. Means
>>  code drops, documentation, etc. There are exactly 2 people from the CODI
>>  Team in DeltaSpike. These are Gerhard and me. The rest is from either the
>>  Seam team or from other teams around the whole CDI area. In my opinion the
>>  community works together pretty well. Of course, I would be happy if there
>>  are more commits and contributions from the other folks. There is a pretty
>>  stable set of 5+ regular committers.
>>

>>  We also have had 3 releases so far. We just had a bit of a break because I
>>  was very busy in my dayjob and Gerhard was busy too. And we are short
>>  before our 4th release. I'd say this is quite ok. (Even if I'd be
> happier
>>  if we would improve our release rate).
>>

>>  LieGrue,
>>  strub
>>
>>  >________________________________
>>  > From: John D. Ament <[hidden email]>

Ken Finnigan
+1

Ken

> [...]

> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

Rudy De Busscher
+1

Rudy

On 25 March 2013 22:35, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

BTW, we still don't have a +1 from any of the mentors. :-)

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Mark,
>
> For the name, I think we still need to do a PNS.  I'll go ahead and enter
> it.  I don't think this process existed when we entered incubation.
>
> John
>

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> To come back to your fair points:
>>
>> I've now updated the incubation status page [1] and reflected a few of
>> your points:
>>
>> * DS naming: I've used trademarkia and a few others, and DeltaSpike is
>> still free of usage and not yet trademarked. Did this a year ago as well.
>> So the name is ok. It might not be the best, but in the last year nobody
>> came up with a better one. We can still rename if we some day find a better
>> name.
>>
>> * committers
>> > 16 vs the original 21 proposed (technically does that mean we shrank?)
>> This is quite natural. There were quite a few people who have been very
>> vocal about contributing but ended up not even registering to the mailing
>> list. I'm not blaming anyone because I know how hard it is to get a few
>> hours per week spare time. In ASF projects it's all about merit - and
>> obviously those people who didn't yet contribute nor even show up cannot
>> make it to the initial contributors list. We are of course happy about
>> future contributions from each and everyone!
>> Otoh we also have people who just came on board later and added
>> substantial contributions!
>>
>> The real question is the number of people who are active on a more or
>> less regular basis, and we are doing quite fine in this regard.
>>

>> > Since this is procedural, I'm assuming we're following majority, per
>> > http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html .  I don't believe we need
>> > 100% consensus in the matter then, correct?
>>
>> Yes, but I'm also happy you raised those questions in public because
>> there is always room for improvement and things we can aim to do better.
>>

>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/deltaspike.html   (make sure
>> you force a page refresh)

whoopy, why do I always forget sending my own +1 :)

> BTW, we still don't have a +1 from any of the mentors. :-)
>

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM, John D. Ament
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>>  Mark,
>>
>>  For the name, I think we still need to do a PNS.  I'll go ahead and
> enter
>>  it.  I don't think this process existed when we entered incubation.
>>
>>  John
>>

>>  On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>>>  To come back to your fair points:
>>>
>>>  I've now updated the incubation status page [1] and reflected a few
> of
>>>  your points:
>>>
>>>  * DS naming: I've used trademarkia and a few others, and DeltaSpike
> is
>>>  still free of usage and not yet trademarked. Did this a year ago as
> well.
>>>  So the name is ok. It might not be the best, but in the last year
> nobody
>>>  came up with a better one. We can still rename if we some day find a
> better
>>>  name.
>>>
>>>  * committers
>>>  > 16 vs the original 21 proposed (technically does that mean we
> shrank?)
>>>  This is quite natural. There were quite a few people who have been very
>>>  vocal about contributing but ended up not even registering to the
> mailing
>>>  list. I'm not blaming anyone because I know how hard it is to get a
> few
>>>  hours per week spare time. In ASF projects it's all about merit -
> and
>>>  obviously those people who didn't yet contribute nor even show up
> cannot
>>>  make it to the initial contributors list. We are of course happy about
>>>  future contributions from each and everyone!
>>>  Otoh we also have people who just came on board later and added
>>>  substantial contributions!
>>>
>>>  The real question is the number of people who are active on a more or
>>>  less regular basis, and we are doing quite fine in this regard.
>>>

>>>  > Since this is procedural, I'm assuming we're following
> majority, per
>>>  > http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html .  I don't
> believe we need
>>>  > 100% consensus in the matter then, correct?
>>>
>>>  Yes, but I'm also happy you raised those questions in public
> because
>>>  there is always room for improvement and things we can aim to do
> better.
>>>

>>>  LieGrue,
>>>  strub
>>>

>>>  [1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/deltaspike.html   (make sure
>>>  you force a page refresh)

Gerhard Petracek-2
+1 (asap)

regards,
gerhard

2013/3/25 Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>

> [...]
> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
> encourage open development and increased participation in the
> Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further
>
> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
> Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
> Project are hereafter discharged.
>

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

Dev Khadka
+1
On 3/28/2013 3:31 AM, Gerhard Petracek wrote:

> [...]
>> death, resignation, retirement, removal or disqualification,
>> or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the initial Apache DeltaSpike PMC be and hereby is
>> tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>> encourage open development and increased participation in the
>> Apache DeltaSpike Project; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that the Apache DeltaSpike Project be and hereby
>> is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>> Incubator DeltaSpike podling; and be it further
>>
>> RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache
>> Incubator DeltaSpike podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
>> Project are hereafter discharged.
>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Graduation+Proposal

Re: [VOTE] Recommending DeltaSpike for Graduation to an Apache Top Level Project

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
+1
Great if Deltaspike becomes a TLP.

Congrats and thanks for the work guys.