ThreadPoolManager configuration

Romain Manni-Bucau
Hi guys,

following up on DELTASPIKE-1302, I created a branch on our repo to
implement it: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=deltaspike.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/fb/DELTASPIKE-1302_ThreadPoolManager-configuration

I have some issues building master ATM - without any profile since all
tests are failling with:

GRAVE: Handler method public void
org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Handler method public void
org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
at org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exception.control.extension.ExceptionControlExtension.findHandlers(ExceptionControlExtension.java:111)

Anyone knows why we are in this state?

Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

Re: ThreadPoolManager configuration

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
mvn clean install works without issues here...

-> please drop it again and push to master as we did so far.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JavaEE powerhouse -
JavaEE Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache
MyFaces, DeltaSpike and OpenWebBeans

> Hi guys,
>
> following up on DELTASPIKE-1302, I created a branch on our repo to
> implement it: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=deltaspike.git;a=
> shortlog;h=refs/heads/fb/DELTASPIKE-1302_ThreadPoolManager-configuration
>
> I have some issues building master ATM - without any profile since all
> tests are failling with:
>
> GRAVE: Handler method public void
> org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.
> HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.
> deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
> throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Handler method public void
> org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.
> HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.
> deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
> throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
> at org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exception.control.extension.
> ExceptionControlExtension.findHandlers(ExceptionControlExtension.java:111)
>

> Anyone knows why we are in this state?
>
> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

Re: ThreadPoolManager configuration

Romain Manni-Bucau
> mvn clean install works without issues here...

Did you try with java 1.8 (u144 if it matters)? Can't get master
compiling. getCoreArchive utility is completely messed up.

> -> please drop it again and push to master as we did so far.

Will as soon as I can check it builds :(

> regards,
> gerhard
>
> http://www.irian.at
>
> Your JavaEE powerhouse -
> JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> Courses in English and German
>
> Professional Support for Apache
> MyFaces, DeltaSpike and OpenWebBeans

>> Hi guys,
>>
>> following up on DELTASPIKE-1302, I created a branch on our repo to
>> implement it: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=deltaspike.git;a=
>> shortlog;h=refs/heads/fb/DELTASPIKE-1302_ThreadPoolManager-configuration
>>
>> I have some issues building master ATM - without any profile since all
>> tests are failling with:
>>
>> GRAVE: Handler method public void
>> org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.
>> HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.
>> deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
>> throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Handler method public void
>> org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.
>> HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.
>> deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
>> throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
>> at org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exception.control.extension.
>> ExceptionControlExtension.findHandlers(ExceptionControlExtension.java:111)
>>

>> Anyone knows why we are in this state?
>>
>> Romain Manni-Bucau
>> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

Re: ThreadPoolManager configuration

Gerhard Petracek-2
it looks like a strange issue.
here it works with jdk 7 as well as 8 and on jenkins it fails as well.

regards,

> > mvn clean install works without issues here...
>
> Did you try with java 1.8 (u144 if it matters)? Can't get master
> compiling. getCoreArchive utility is completely messed up.
>

> > -> please drop it again and push to master as we did so far.
>
> Will as soon as I can check it builds :(
>

> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > http://www.irian.at
> >
> > Your JavaEE powerhouse -
> > JavaEE Consulting, Development and
> > Courses in English and German
> >
> > Professional Support for Apache
> > MyFaces, DeltaSpike and OpenWebBeans

> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> following up on DELTASPIKE-1302, I created a branch on our repo to
> >> implement it: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/
> repos/asf?p=deltaspike.git;a=
> >> shortlog;h=refs/heads/fb/DELTASPIKE-1302_ThreadPoolManager-c
> onfiguration
> >>
> >> I have some issues building master ATM - without any profile since all
> >> tests are failling with:
> >>
> >> GRAVE: Handler method public void
> >> org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.
> >> HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.
> >> deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
> >> throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
> >> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Handler method public void
> >> org.apache.deltaspike.test.core.impl.exception.control.handler.
> >> HandlerWhichThrowsExceptions.throwsAnException(org.apache.
> >> deltaspike.core.api.exception.control.event.ExceptionEvent)
> >> throws java.lang.Exception must not throw exceptions
> >> at org.apache.deltaspike.core.impl.exception.control.extension.
> >> ExceptionControlExtension.findHandlers(ExceptionControlExten
> sion.java:111)
> >>

> >> Anyone knows why we are in this state?
> >>
> >> Romain Manni-Bucau
> >> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Old Blog | Github | LinkedIn

Re: ThreadPoolManager configuration

Romain Manni-Bucau
Think I know what it is, I didnt prefix my test by "test" in the
package so the o.a.d.core package was not unique and our
org.apache.deltaspike.test.util.ArchiveUtils#getDeltaSpikeCoreArchive(java.lang.String[])
is not able to handle that ATM. Will fix it in the test for now but we
can need to really fix it later.