Spring/CDI integration

Alan D. Cabrera
What's the current story for Spring/CDI integration?  I need to expose Spring beans as CDI beans.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Spring/CDI integration

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
hi alan,

it's currently in our backlog (see [1]).
since it's an existing extension [2], you can use it at any time in
combination with deltaspike and migrate later on.

regards,
gerhard

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Spring+CDI+integration

[2] https://github.com/seam/spring

2012/3/18 Alan D. Cabrera <[hidden email]>

> What's the current story for Spring/CDI integration?  I need to expose
> Spring beans as CDI beans.
>

> Regards,
> Alan

Re: Spring/CDI integration

Alan D. Cabrera
Great!

I'm looking for a simple example that runs in a Tomcat 7 container.  Do you know of one?

Regards,
Alan

On Mar 18, 2012, at 11:03 AM, Gerhard Petracek wrote:

> hi alan,
>
> it's currently in our backlog (see [1]).
> since it's an existing extension [2], you can use it at any time in
> combination with deltaspike and migrate later on.
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Spring+CDI+integration
>
> [2] https://github.com/seam/spring
>

> 2012/3/18 Alan D. Cabrera <[hidden email]>
>
>> What's the current story for Spring/CDI integration?  I need to expose
>> Spring beans as CDI beans.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Alan

Re: Spring/CDI integration

Mark Struberg
There are also 2 other spring-cdi bindings out there.

The oldest one is the one from OpenKnowledge which is being used in production in a few projects:

http://www.openknowledge.de/blog/article/integration-von-spring-in-cdi-ueber-eine-cdi-extension-erster-teil.html

The second one is from Rick and Andy and is also used in projects afaik:
https://github.com/CDISource/cdisource

Seam-Spring already got mentioned by Gerhard.

Not sure of the state of those 3 but I hope we will start integrating them together into DeltaSpike soon ;)

> it's currently in our backlog (see [1]).
> since it's an existing extension [2], you can use it at any time in
> combination with deltaspike and migrate later on.
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DeltaSpike/Spring+CDI+integration
>
> [2] https://github.com/seam/spring
>

> 2012/3/18 Alan D. Cabrera <[hidden email]>
>
>>  What's the current story for Spring/CDI integration?  I need to expose
>>  Spring beans as CDI beans.
>>

>>  Regards,
>>  Alan

Re: Spring/CDI integration

Alan D. Cabrera

On Mar 18, 2012, at 11:39 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> There are also 2 other spring-cdi bindings out there.
>
> The oldest one is the one from OpenKnowledge which is being used in production in a few projects:
>
> http://www.openknowledge.de/blog/article/integration-von-spring-in-cdi-ueber-eine-cdi-extension-erster-teil.html
>
> The second one is from Rick and Andy and is also used in projects afaik:
> https://github.com/CDISource/cdisource

I was hoping to find something where the bridge would have been published to the Maven repo.

> Seam-Spring already got mentioned by Gerhard.

I'm struggling to get this working for my WAR.  I was hoping for an out of the box example but can't seem to find one.

> Not sure of the state of those 3 but I hope we will start integrating them together into DeltaSpike soon ;)

Get cracking!  ;)

Regards,
Alan

Re: Spring/CDI integration

Marius Bogoevici
Alan,

Re: Seam-Spring

On 12-03-18 3:04 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I'm struggling to get this working for my WAR.  I was hoping for an out of the box example but can't seem to find one.

You can find a simple example here
https://github.com/mbogoevici/Seam-Spring-Basic-Example

Would you mind following up on
https://community.jboss.org/en/seam?view=discussions or in the project JIRA:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SEAMSPRING with the issues that you are
encountering?

Additional docs are at
http://docs.jboss.org/seam/3/spring/latest/reference/en-US/html/

As Mark and Gerhard has mentioned already, the intent is to move/merge
this into a DeltaSpike module, but until that happens, hopefully this
will get you started.

> Regards,
> Alan

Good luck,