Release Notes pages

john.d.ament
Hi all

I was looking at other apache projects and noted that many of them include
dedicated pages for each release, with some summary information about what
went in.  In DeltaSpike we're currently putting a short blurb, I was
wondering if it makes sense to include something similar, and perhaps even
merge with the generated release notes that make it into the SCM.

Here's a prototype page: [1].

http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

Karl Kildén
What a great page! I did not know about Double-Submit prevention feature
and I was actually investigating how to solve it just now :-)

On 7 September 2014 17:06, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I was looking at other apache projects and noted that many of them include
> dedicated pages for each release, with some summary information about what
> went in.  In DeltaSpike we're currently putting a short blurb, I was
> wondering if it makes sense to include something similar, and perhaps even
> merge with the generated release notes that make it into the SCM.
>
> Here's a prototype page: [1].
>

> http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
hi john,

@openhub - fyi:
we have a contributors page already (see [1]).

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://deltaspike.apache.org/contributors.html

> What a great page! I did not know about Double-Submit prevention feature
> and I was actually investigating how to solve it just now :-)
>

> On 7 September 2014 17:06, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I was looking at other apache projects and noted that many of them
> include
> > dedicated pages for each release, with some summary information about
> what
> > went in.  In DeltaSpike we're currently putting a short blurb, I was
> > wondering if it makes sense to include something similar, and perhaps
> even
> > merge with the generated release notes that make it into the SCM.
> >
> > Here's a prototype page: [1].
> >

> > http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

john.d.ament
Hi

Seems like maintaining the csv file is a PITA.  It's missing some newer
committers.  It also looks clearer to me who is actually active in the
project, vs the csv file, especially at [1].

[1]: https://www.openhub.net/p/DeltaSpike/contributors?query=&sort=commits

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Gerhard Petracek <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi john,
>
> @openhub - fyi:
> we have a contributors page already (see [1]).
>
> regards,
> gerhard
>
> [1] http://deltaspike.apache.org/contributors.html

> > What a great page! I did not know about Double-Submit prevention feature
> > and I was actually investigating how to solve it just now :-)
> >

> > On 7 September 2014 17:06, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I was looking at other apache projects and noted that many of them
> > include
> > > dedicated pages for each release, with some summary information about
> > what
> > > went in.  In DeltaSpike we're currently putting a short blurb, I was
> > > wondering if it makes sense to include something similar, and perhaps
> > even
> > > merge with the generated release notes that make it into the SCM.
> > >
> > > Here's a prototype page: [1].
> > >

> http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
@john:
i'm not sure if romain finished all his plans with this site.

regards,

> Hi
>
> Seems like maintaining the csv file is a PITA.  It's missing some newer
> committers.  It also looks clearer to me who is actually active in the
> project, vs the csv file, especially at [1].
>
> [1]: https://www.openhub.net/p/DeltaSpike/contributors?query=&sort=commits
>
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Gerhard Petracek <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > hi john,
> >
> > @openhub - fyi:
> > we have a contributors page already (see [1]).
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > [1] http://deltaspike.apache.org/contributors.html

> > > What a great page! I did not know about Double-Submit prevention
> feature
> > > and I was actually investigating how to solve it just now :-)

> > > include
> > > what
> > > even

> > http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

Pete Muir
+1 this is something I’ve heard a lot of people ask for, and will make getting the word out about DS much easier.

On 7 Sep 2014, at 16:06, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I was looking at other apache projects and noted that many of them include
> dedicated pages for each release, with some summary information about what
> went in.  In DeltaSpike we're currently putting a short blurb, I was
> wondering if it makes sense to include something similar, and perhaps even
> merge with the generated release notes that make it into the SCM.
>
> Here's a prototype page: [1].
>

> http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

john.d.ament
If no one has any objections, I'd like to move foward with using openhub
for the contributors list.

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Gerhard Petracek <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> @john:
> i'm not sure if romain finished all his plans with this site.
>
> regards,
> gerhard

> > Hi
> >
> > Seems like maintaining the csv file is a PITA.  It's missing some newer
> > committers.  It also looks clearer to me who is actually active in the
> > project, vs the csv file, especially at [1].
> >
> > [1]:
> https://www.openhub.net/p/DeltaSpike/contributors?query=&sort=commits
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Gerhard Petracek <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > hi john,
> > >
> > > @openhub - fyi:
> > > we have a contributors page already (see [1]).
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > gerhard
> > >
> > > [1] http://deltaspike.apache.org/contributors.html

> > feature

> about
> was
> perhaps

> http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

john.d.ament
Agreed, I was about to post something on reddit for ds and noticed there
was no release page.

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Pete Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 this is something I’ve heard a lot of people ask for, and will make
> getting the word out about DS much easier.
>
> On 7 Sep 2014, at 16:06, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I was looking at other apache projects and noted that many of them
> include
> > dedicated pages for each release, with some summary information about
> what
> > went in.  In DeltaSpike we're currently putting a short blurb, I was
> > wondering if it makes sense to include something similar, and perhaps
> even
> > merge with the generated release notes that make it into the SCM.
> >
> > Here's a prototype page: [1].
> >

> > http://deltaspike.staging.apache.org/documentation/deltaspike_1.0.2.html

Re: Release Notes pages

Jason Porter
I like this, the whole thing. +1 from me.

--
Jason Porter
http://en.gravatar.com/lightguardjp