Re: Apache DeltaSpike Logo Revised Samples

Re: Apache DeltaSpike Logo Revised Samples

Ron Smeral
Emblems v2 #5 is great. I realize it contains that very S shape that I
criticized, but it is less apparent here.
It also has great symbolism - it looks like inserting a missing piece
(the diamond) into something (the triangle).

--
Ron Smeral
JBoss Quality Engineer
Brno

Re: Apache DeltaSpike Logo Revised Samples

Pete Muir
Jim’s email bounced.

Here are the logos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa?n=289270217

On 26 May 2014, at 21:03, James Parenti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello again everyone,
>
> I just revised some of the logos and cleaned up some additional versions I was working on and I’m including with this email. A few quick notes on these:
>
> • As was the case before, these are all “sketches” and therefore have some minor line flaws and whatnot. Final selections would of course be refined to an exact, even finish.
> • From the email exchange, the concenus appeared to be for “Emblems” and/or the font I made called “Geometric” so I focused on those two design elements for this batch of revisions. I of course tried to marry the two into a single logo, but I think that it is rather busy-looking so a final version would be one or the other, IMO. Either just the Geometric name or the finalized emblem with a simple font.
> • It was pointed out that the “S” in the DeltaSpike emblem/logo looked a bit like that of the Schutzstaffel. After a second look, I’m inclined to agree, so I’ve tried to change it or otherwise modify it’s appearance to mitigate that to whatever extent I thought possible. It may yet need to be that I ditch that look entirely, but I really look the general idea of it. There are a couple of other Geometric logos included where I’ve re-styled the S.
>
> <Red Hat Delta Spike Version 2_Emblems Alternate Shapes.jpg><Red Hat Delta Spike Version 2_Emblems with alternate styling.jpg><Red Hat Delta Spike Version 2_Geometric-V2.jpg><Red Hat Delta Spike Version 2_Horizontal Emblems with Title.jpg>
>

> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

Re: Apache DeltaSpike Logo Revised Samples

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
imo "alternate shapes" #3 and #5 show an interesting direction.

regards,

> Jim’s email bounced.
>
> Here are the logos:
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa?n=289270217
>

> On 26 May 2014, at 21:03, James Parenti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello again everyone,
> >
> > I just revised some of the logos and cleaned up some additional versions
> I was working on and I’m including with this email. A few quick notes on
> these:
> >
> >       • As was the case before, these are all “sketches” and therefore
> have some minor line flaws and whatnot. Final selections would of course be
> refined to an exact, even finish.
> >       • From the email exchange, the concenus appeared to be for
> “Emblems” and/or the font I made called “Geometric” so I focused on those
> two design elements for this batch of revisions. I of course tried to marry
> the two into a single logo, but I think that it is rather busy-looking so a
> final version would be one or the other, IMO. Either just the Geometric
> name or the finalized emblem with a simple font.
> >       • It was pointed out that the “S” in the DeltaSpike emblem/logo
> looked a bit like that of the Schutzstaffel. After a second look, I’m
> inclined to agree, so I’ve tried to change it or otherwise modify it’s
> appearance to mitigate that to whatever extent I thought possible. It may
> yet need to be that I ditch that look entirely, but I really look the
> general idea of it. There are a couple of other Geometric logos included
> where I’ve re-styled the S.
> >
> > <Red Hat Delta Spike Version 2_Emblems Alternate Shapes.jpg><Red Hat
> Delta Spike Version 2_Emblems with alternate styling.jpg><Red Hat Delta
> Spike Version 2_Geometric-V2.jpg><Red Hat Delta Spike Version 2_Horizontal
> Emblems with Title.jpg>
> >

> > ----------------------------------
> > James Parenti
> > Visuale
> > 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> > Chicago, IL 60657
> > Office: 773.234.0178
> > Cell: 773.469.8843
> > Skype: jamesparenti
> > Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> > http://www.visuale.net
> > [hidden email]

Re: Apache DeltaSpike Logo Revised Samples

James Parenti
Sorry for the confusion – I thought I’d included everybody when I shared the Dropbox link but I guess that email didn’t get completely through, either.

----------------------------------

On May 27, 2014, at 6:46 AM, Pete Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jim’s email bounced.
>
> Here are the logos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa?n=289270217

DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

James Parenti
Hello everyone:

This is a link to another set of revisions. The emblems shown are those that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the “Geometric” font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least I don’t know how well it will play in the long run.

Of the included emblem logos this time, I think 1. could work if it had a little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data “spike” as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if that’s quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a business shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.

Number 3 is probably personal favorite out of the entire group right now – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like them both.

Does anyone else have anything they’d like to add? Or are there perhaps some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to have another look at?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks4xpwoszohr0m/Red%20Hat%20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg

Jim

PS - here again is the link to the previous batch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa

----------------------------------
James Parenti
Visuale
1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657
Office: 773.234.0178
Cell: 773.469.8843
Skype: jamesparenti
Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

Pete Muir
I really like #1

On 29 May 2014, at 15:26, James Parenti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> This is a link to another set of revisions. The emblems shown are those that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the “Geometric” font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least I don’t know how well it will play in the long run.
>
> Of the included emblem logos this time, I think 1. could work if it had a little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data “spike” as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if that’s quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a business shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.
>
> Number 3 is probably personal favorite out of the entire group right now – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like them both.
>
> Does anyone else have anything they’d like to add? Or are there perhaps some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to have another look at?
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks4xpwoszohr0m/Red%20Hat%20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg
>
> Jim
>
> PS - here again is the link to the previous batch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa
>
> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

Cody Lerum

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 1:26 PM, James Parenti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> This is a link to another set of revisions. The emblems shown are those that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the “Geometric” font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least I don’t know how well it will play in the long run.
>
> Of the included emblem logos this time, I think 1. could work if it had a little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data “spike” as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if that’s quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a business shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.
>
> Number 3 is probably personal favorite out of the entire group right now – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like them both.
>
> Does anyone else have anything they’d like to add? Or are there perhaps some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to have another look at?
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks4xpwoszohr0m/Red%20Hat%20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg
>
> Jim
>
> PS - here again is the link to the previous batch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa
>
> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

Rafael Benevides
I liked #3 but it somehow makes me remember about Adobe logo. so I go
with #1

Em 29/05/14 16:26, James Parenti escreveu:

> Hello everyone:
>
> This is a link to another set of revisions. The emblems shown are those that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the “Geometric” font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least I don’t know how well it will play in the long run.
>
> Of the included emblem logos this time, I think 1. could work if it had a little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data “spike” as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if that’s quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a business shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.
>
> Number 3 is probably personal favorite out of the entire group right now – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like them both.
>
> Does anyone else have anything they’d like to add? Or are there perhaps some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to have another look at?
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks4xpwoszohr0m/Red%20Hat%20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg
>
> Jim
>
> PS - here again is the link to the previous batch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa
>
> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
as mentioned earlier both (#1 and #2) show an interesting direction.
i played a bit with #1 (how it looks like on slides, if the grey version
and silhouette,... are nice).
it transports the message (which is quite hard in our case), but i'm not
captivated.
if i have to choose one, i would go with #1 as well.

regards,

> I liked #3 but it somehow makes me remember about Adobe logo. so I go with
>
> Em 29/05/14 16:26, James Parenti escreveu:
>
>  Hello everyone:
>>
>> This is a link to another set of revisions. The emblems shown are those
>> that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the “Geometric”
>> font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least I don’t
>> know how well it will play in the long run.
>>
>> Of the included emblem logos this time, I think 1. could work if it had a
>> little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data “spike”
>> as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if that’s
>> quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a business
>> shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.
>>
>> Number 3 is probably personal favorite out of the entire group right now
>> – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a
>> logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like
>> them both.
>>
>> Does anyone else have anything they’d like to add? Or are there perhaps
>> some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to have
>> another look at?

>> 20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> PS - here again is the link to the previous batch:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa
>>
>> ----------------------------------
>> James Parenti
>> Visuale
>> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
>> Chicago, IL 60657
>> Office: 773.234.0178
>> Cell: 773.469.8843
>> Skype: jamesparenti
>> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
>> http://www.visuale.net
>> [hidden email]

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

James Parenti
Okay, I'll focus on #1. Maybe try a few more shapes along with it that are similar.

-------------------------------
James Parenti
Cell: 1-773-469-8843
[hidden email]
http://www.visuale.net

Sent from a mobile device. Please pardon any typos.

> On May 29, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Gerhard Petracek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> as mentioned earlier both (#1 and #2) show an interesting direction.
> i played a bit with #1 (how it looks like on slides, if the grey version and silhouette,... are nice).
> it transports the message (which is quite hard in our case), but i'm not captivated.
> if i have to choose one, i would go with #1 as well.
>
> regards,
> gerhard

>> I liked #3 but it somehow makes me remember about Adobe logo. so I go with #1
>>
>> Em 29/05/14 16:26, James Parenti escreveu:
>>
>>> Hello everyone:
>>>
>>> This is a link to another set of revisions. The emblems shown are those that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the “Geometric” font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least I don’t know how well it will play in the long run.
>>>
>>> Of the included emblem logos this time, I think 1. could work if it had a little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data “spike” as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if that’s quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a business shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.
>>>
>>> Number 3 is probably personal favorite out of the entire group right now – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like them both.
>>>
>>> Does anyone else have anything they’d like to add? Or are there perhaps some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to have another look at?
>>>

>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks4xpwoszohr0m/Red%20Hat%20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg
>>>
>>> Jim
>>>
>>> PS - here again is the link to the previous batch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa
>>>
>>> ----------------------------------
>>> James Parenti
>>> Visuale
>>> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
>>> Chicago, IL 60657
>>> Office: 773.234.0178
>>> Cell: 773.469.8843
>>> Skype: jamesparenti
>>> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
>>> http://www.visuale.net
>>> [hidden email]

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

john.d.ament
#1 to me looks like it's bleeding a little bit.  Maybe it's the color.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 5:23 PM, James Parenti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Okay, I'll focus on #1. Maybe try a few more shapes along with it that are
> similar.
>

> -------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Cell: 1-773-469-8843
> [hidden email]
> http://www.visuale.net
>
> Sent from a mobile device. Please pardon any typos.
>

> > On May 29, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Gerhard Petracek <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > as mentioned earlier both (#1 and #2) show an interesting direction.
> > i played a bit with #1 (how it looks like on slides, if the grey version
> and silhouette,... are nice).
> > it transports the message (which is quite hard in our case), but i'm not
> captivated.
> > if i have to choose one, i would go with #1 as well.
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard

> >> I liked #3 but it somehow makes me remember about Adobe logo. so I go
> with #1

> those that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the
> “Geometric” font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least
> I don’t know how well it will play in the long run.

> had a little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data
> “spike” as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if
> that’s quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a
> business shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.

> now – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a
> logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like
> them both.

> perhaps some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to
> have another look at?
> >>>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks4xpwoszohr0m/Red%20Hat%20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg

> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 3

Shane Bryzak-2
+1 to #1 also.

On 05/30/2014 05:26 AM, James Parenti wrote:

> Hello everyone:
>
> This is a link to another set of revisions. The emblems shown are those that have been commented favorably upon. As much as I like the “Geometric” font logo, the more I look at it the less I like it or at least I don’t know how well it will play in the long run.
>
> Of the included emblem logos this time, I think 1. could work if it had a little more of a refinement. I tried to hint at the idea of a data “spike” as though it were coming through a chart readout – I don’t know if that’s quite clear. I also keep wanting to think that #2 is almost like a business shirt with a red tie on so I don’t know  if that’ll work either.
>
> Number 3 is probably personal favorite out of the entire group right now – I think the simpler the better is always the best path to take with a logo. I’ve included number 4 for comparison with number 3, though I like them both.
>
> Does anyone else have anything they’d like to add? Or are there perhaps some some logos out of the last batch that anyone would like to have another look at?
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pks4xpwoszohr0m/Red%20Hat%20Delta%20Spike%20Version%203_UpdatedEmblemLogos1.jpg
>
> Jim
>
> PS - here again is the link to the previous batch: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6doraoq6ap3qyr3/AABXLSF-LyxEEL29jyHkyWCUa
>
> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

DeltaSpike Revision Version 4, now with stylization applied

James Parenti
Hello again,

Here are a couple of updated layouts for the DeltaSpike logo. After a good bit of narrowing down, I’ve taken #1 – the preference among most of us – and tried a few variations on its basic shape (mainly slight alterations to the “spike” part of the emblem).

Though I’ve included these new changes, I think I might be most partial to #1 still, as it turns out.

With that said, I’ve taken that basic shape and in the second mockup, tried it with some different stylizations applied. The first 2 are rather simple, with some glowing effects added. The second two have a little more in the way of applied geometry and shadow.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhvussplfsrzpnr/AACsGLSPJvQxYx1DP_YaLEqKa

----------------------------------
James Parenti
Visuale
1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657
Office: 773.234.0178
Cell: 773.469.8843
Skype: jamesparenti
Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 4, now with stylization applied

Pete Muir
I agree, I’m still a fan of #1 here. I like the “retro” look of it :-)

On 3 Jun 2014, at 03:11, James Parenti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> Here are a couple of updated layouts for the DeltaSpike logo. After a good bit of narrowing down, I’ve taken #1 – the preference among most of us – and tried a few variations on its basic shape (mainly slight alterations to the “spike” part of the emblem).
>
> Though I’ve included these new changes, I think I might be most partial to #1 still, as it turns out.
>
> With that said, I’ve taken that basic shape and in the second mockup, tried it with some different stylizations applied. The first 2 are rather simple, with some glowing effects added. The second two have a little more in the way of applied geometry and shadow.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhvussplfsrzpnr/AACsGLSPJvQxYx1DP_YaLEqKa
>

> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Revision Version 4, now with stylization applied

john.d.ament
Version 4-1 #2 for me.  I like the glow.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 5:14 AM, Pete Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree, I’m still a fan of #1 here. I like the “retro” look of it :-)
>
> On 3 Jun 2014, at 03:11, James Parenti <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> Here are a couple of updated layouts for the DeltaSpike logo. After a good bit of narrowing down, I’ve taken #1 – the preference among most of us – and tried a few variations on its basic shape (mainly slight alterations to the “spike” part of the emblem).
>>
>> Though I’ve included these new changes, I think I might be most partial to #1 still, as it turns out.
>>
>> With that said, I’ve taken that basic shape and in the second mockup, tried it with some different stylizations applied. The first 2 are rather simple, with some glowing effects added. The second two have a little more in the way of applied geometry and shadow.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhvussplfsrzpnr/AACsGLSPJvQxYx1DP_YaLEqKa
>>

>> ----------------------------------
>> James Parenti
>> Visuale
>> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
>> Chicago, IL 60657
>> Office: 773.234.0178
>> Cell: 773.469.8843
>> Skype: jamesparenti
>> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
>> http://www.visuale.net
>> [hidden email]

DeltaSpike Logo Updates

James Parenti
Hello all,

Here are some logo version updates, some of which are based on notes that Gerhard has provided.

Versions 5 & 6 (color changes and some different stylizations):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5myvevnmwpiy7qd/AACxanLDzIVB5S7PzA9kBvrya

Versions 7 through 10 (additional color & shape changes):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o56t4lku20jxnmx/AABjGiMbT7o8d5OvKtEiib_3a

I know that versions 7 to 10 looks like a lot of content, but really it’s just the same array of shapes with different colors provided for each.

PLEASE NOTE: What is seen in the DropBox website previewer is NOT the correct color version. You’ll want to download each image and preview on your monitor to get an idea of color that’s accurate.

Jim

----------------------------------
James Parenti
Visuale
1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657
Office: 773.234.0178
Cell: 773.469.8843
Skype: jamesparenti
Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Logo Updates

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
hi jim,

imo with blue as well as orange our previous favorite looks more
interesting now.

regards,

> Hello all,
>
> Here are some logo version updates, some of which are based on notes that
> Gerhard has provided.
>
> Versions 5 & 6 (color changes and some different stylizations):
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5myvevnmwpiy7qd/AACxanLDzIVB5S7PzA9kBvrya
>
> Versions 7 through 10 (additional color & shape changes):
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o56t4lku20jxnmx/AABjGiMbT7o8d5OvKtEiib_3a
>
> I know that versions 7 to 10 looks like a lot of content, but really it’s
> just the same array of shapes with different colors provided for each.
>
> PLEASE NOTE: What is seen in the DropBox website previewer is NOT the
> correct color version. You’ll want to download each image and preview on
> your monitor to get an idea of color that’s accurate.
>
> Jim
>

> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Logo Updates

Matt Benson
From the peanut gallery, I'd say that applying the gradient from 5-4 to the
spike from 5-1 would look pretty cool.
Matt
On Jun 7, 2014 2:04 PM, "James Parenti" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Here are some logo version updates, some of which are based on notes that
> Gerhard has provided.
>
> Versions 5 & 6 (color changes and some different stylizations):
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5myvevnmwpiy7qd/AACxanLDzIVB5S7PzA9kBvrya
>
> Versions 7 through 10 (additional color & shape changes):
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o56t4lku20jxnmx/AABjGiMbT7o8d5OvKtEiib_3a
>
> I know that versions 7 to 10 looks like a lot of content, but really it’s
> just the same array of shapes with different colors provided for each.
>
> PLEASE NOTE: What is seen in the DropBox website previewer is NOT the
> correct color version. You’ll want to download each image and preview on
> your monitor to get an idea of color that’s accurate.
>
> Jim
>

> ----------------------------------
> James Parenti
> Visuale
> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
> Chicago, IL 60657
> Office: 773.234.0178
> Cell: 773.469.8843
> Skype: jamesparenti
> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
> http://www.visuale.net

Re: DeltaSpike Logo Updates

Pete Muir
I particularly like variant 2 from versions 7 - 10. I like the yellow colour scheme. I find the purple is too close to the black, and I can’t really see it - but 9-1, 4 does work.

On 7 Jun 2014, at 22:40, Matt Benson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> From the peanut gallery, I'd say that applying the gradient from 5-4 to the
> spike from 5-1 would look pretty cool.
> Matt
> On Jun 7, 2014 2:04 PM, "James Parenti" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Here are some logo version updates, some of which are based on notes that
>> Gerhard has provided.
>>
>> Versions 5 & 6 (color changes and some different stylizations):
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5myvevnmwpiy7qd/AACxanLDzIVB5S7PzA9kBvrya
>>
>> Versions 7 through 10 (additional color & shape changes):
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o56t4lku20jxnmx/AABjGiMbT7o8d5OvKtEiib_3a
>>
>> I know that versions 7 to 10 looks like a lot of content, but really it’s
>> just the same array of shapes with different colors provided for each.
>>
>> PLEASE NOTE: What is seen in the DropBox website previewer is NOT the
>> correct color version. You’ll want to download each image and preview on
>> your monitor to get an idea of color that’s accurate.
>>
>> Jim
>>

>> ----------------------------------
>> James Parenti
>> Visuale
>> 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
>> Chicago, IL 60657
>> Office: 773.234.0178
>> Cell: 773.469.8843
>> Skype: jamesparenti
>> Google: google.com/+JamesParentiVisuale
>> http://www.visuale.net
>> [hidden email]

Re: DeltaSpike Logo Updates

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
since we have that many options, i guess we should do the vote in 2 steps
(#1: basic shape/style and #2: color).

regards,