Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Pete Muir
Hi all,

Now that we have released DeltaSpike 1.0, we have a great opportunity to tell the world about DeltaSpike.

Arun Gupta (Director of Developer Advocacy at Red Hat) has volunteered to help us with ways to do this.

Hopefully we can use this thread to start devising a plan.

As a starting point, I know Arun was looking for an overview of 1.0, so he can see what to blog and tweet about. I had a quick look around, but I couldn’t find anything like this.

Pete

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Anil Saldhana
Hi all,
the website needs an update with details on the 1.0 release.
http://deltaspike.apache.org/news.html#8th-release-100-14062014  has a one
line statement. :)

Congrats to all....

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Pete Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Now that we have released DeltaSpike 1.0, we have a great opportunity to
> tell the world about DeltaSpike.
>
> Arun Gupta (Director of Developer Advocacy at Red Hat) has volunteered to
> help us with ways to do this.
>
> Hopefully we can use this thread to start devising a plan.
>
> As a starting point, I know Arun was looking for an overview of 1.0, so he
> can see what to blog and tweet about. I had a quick look around, but I
> couldn’t find anything like this.
>
> Pete

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

john.d.ament
Actually, my JavaOne talk focused on DeltaSpike got accepted.. we'll
see how it goes :-)

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Anil Saldhana <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> the website needs an update with details on the 1.0 release.
> http://deltaspike.apache.org/news.html#8th-release-100-14062014  has a one
> line statement. :)
>
> Congrats to all....
>

> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Pete Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Now that we have released DeltaSpike 1.0, we have a great opportunity to
>> tell the world about DeltaSpike.
>>
>> Arun Gupta (Director of Developer Advocacy at Red Hat) has volunteered to
>> help us with ways to do this.
>>
>> Hopefully we can use this thread to start devising a plan.
>>
>> As a starting point, I know Arun was looking for an overview of 1.0, so he
>> can see what to blog and tweet about. I had a quick look around, but I
>> couldn’t find anything like this.
>>
>> Pete

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Pete Muir
Nice!

Antoine has 4 sessions on CDI, so we should be CDI heavy this year :-)

On 18 Jun 2014, at 18:22, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually, my JavaOne talk focused on DeltaSpike got accepted.. we'll
> see how it goes :-)
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Anil Saldhana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> the website needs an update with details on the 1.0 release.
>> http://deltaspike.apache.org/news.html#8th-release-100-14062014  has a one
>> line statement. :)
>>
>> Congrats to all....
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Pete Muir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Now that we have released DeltaSpike 1.0, we have a great opportunity to
>>> tell the world about DeltaSpike.
>>>
>>> Arun Gupta (Director of Developer Advocacy at Red Hat) has volunteered to
>>> help us with ways to do this.
>>>
>>> Hopefully we can use this thread to start devising a plan.
>>>
>>> As a starting point, I know Arun was looking for an overview of 1.0, so he
>>> can see what to blog and tweet about. I had a quick look around, but I
>>> couldn’t find anything like this.
>>>
>>> Pete

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Antonio Goncalves
Hum.... maybe some Forge/DeltaSpike add-on....let me think about it.

Antonio

> Nice!
>
> Antoine has 4 sessions on CDI, so we should be CDI heavy this year :-)
>
> On 18 Jun 2014, at 18:22, John D. Ament <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Actually, my JavaOne talk focused on DeltaSpike got accepted.. we'll
> > see how it goes :-)
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:32 PM, Anil Saldhana <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >> the website needs an update with details on the 1.0 release.
> >> http://deltaspike.apache.org/news.html#8th-release-100-14062014  has a
> one
> >> line statement. :)
> >>
> >> Congrats to all....

> so he

Antonio Goncalves ([hidden email])
Software architect

Web site : www.antoniogoncalves.org
Blog: agoncal.wordpress.com
Feed: feeds2.feedburner.com/AntonioGoncalves
Paris JUG leader : www.parisjug.org
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/agoncal

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Arun Gupta
Any suggestions on this ?

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Daniel Cunha
Antonio,

'Hum.... maybe some Forge/DeltaSpike add-on....let me think about it."

+1

--
Daniel Cunha (soro) <http://www.cejug.net>
Blog: http://www.danielsoro.com.br
GitHub: https://github.com/danielsoro
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/danielvlcunha

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Gerhard Petracek-2
hi arun,

as a first and easy step everybody is very welcome to retweet our
announcements - esp. about v1 (see [1]).

regards,
gerhard

[1] https://twitter.com/DeltaSpikeTeam/status/479174218131972096

> Any suggestions on this ?
>
> Arun
>

> On 6/18/14, 9:08 AM, Pete Muir wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Now that we have released DeltaSpike 1.0, we have a great opportunity to
>> tell the world about DeltaSpike.
>>
>> Arun Gupta (Director of Developer Advocacy at Red Hat) has volunteered to
>> help us with ways to do this.
>>
>> Hopefully we can use this thread to start devising a plan.
>>
>> As a starting point, I know Arun was looking for an overview of 1.0, so
>> he can see what to blog and tweet about. I had a quick look around, but I
>> couldn’t find anything like this.
>>
>> Pete
>>

> --
> http://blog.arungupta.me
> http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Arun Gupta
I saw the announcement but it barely provide any detail for a 1.0
announcement :)

I like to provide context, background, download and other relevant
details in my blog. Guess will scavenge that information myself.

Arun

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Antoine Sabot-Durand
I plan writing blog post about Deltaspike mainly about undocumented features like BeanBuilder but also about config.
Perhaps we should coordinate actions around Deltaspike promotion (blog, talk) to avoid speaking of the same thing?

Antoine

Le 21 juin 2014 à 00:37, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I saw the announcement but it barely provide any detail for a 1.0 announcement :)
>
> I like to provide context, background, download and other relevant details in my blog. Guess will scavenge that information myself.
>
> Arun
>
> On 6/20/14, 3:28 PM, Gerhard Petracek wrote:
>> hi arun,
>>
>> as a first and easy step everybody is very welcome to retweet our announcements - esp. about v1 (see [1]).
>>
>> regards,
>> gerhard
>>
>> [1] https://twitter.com/DeltaSpikeTeam/status/479174218131972096

>>    Any suggestions on this ?
>>
>>    Arun
>>

>>    On 6/18/14, 9:08 AM, Pete Muir wrote:
>>
>>        Hi all,
>>
>>        Now that we have released DeltaSpike 1.0, we have a great
>>        opportunity to tell the world about DeltaSpike.
>>
>>        Arun Gupta (Director of Developer Advocacy at Red Hat) has
>>        volunteered to help us with ways to do this.
>>
>>        Hopefully we can use this thread to start devising a plan.
>>
>>        As a starting point, I know Arun was looking for an overview
>>        of 1.0, so he can see what to blog and tweet about. I had a
>>        quick look around, but I couldn’t find anything like this.
>>
>>        Pete
>>

>>    --     http://blog.arungupta.me
>>    http://twitter.com/arungupta
>>

> --
> http://blog.arungupta.me
> http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
hi antoine,

like everybody else - you are also welcome to donate those parts to the
documentation itself ;)

regards,

> I plan writing blog post about Deltaspike mainly about undocumented
> features like BeanBuilder but also about config.
> Perhaps we should coordinate actions around Deltaspike promotion (blog,
> talk) to avoid speaking of the same thing?
>
> Antoine
>

> Le 21 juin 2014 à 00:37, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> > I saw the announcement but it barely provide any detail for a 1.0
> announcement :)
> >
> > I like to provide context, background, download and other relevant
> details in my blog. Guess will scavenge that information myself.
> >
> > Arun
> >
> > On 6/20/14, 3:28 PM, Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> >> hi arun,
> >>
> >> as a first and easy step everybody is very welcome to retweet our
> announcements - esp. about v1 (see [1]).
> >>
> >> regards,
> >> gerhard
> >>
> >> [1] https://twitter.com/DeltaSpikeTeam/status/479174218131972096

> [hidden email]>>:
> >>
> >>    Any suggestions on this ?
> >>
> >>    Arun
> >>

> >>    On 6/18/14, 9:08 AM, Pete Muir wrote:
> >>
> >>        Hi all,
> >>
> >>        Now that we have released DeltaSpike 1.0, we have a great
> >>        opportunity to tell the world about DeltaSpike.
> >>
> >>        Arun Gupta (Director of Developer Advocacy at Red Hat) has
> >>        volunteered to help us with ways to do this.
> >>
> >>        Hopefully we can use this thread to start devising a plan.
> >>
> >>        As a starting point, I know Arun was looking for an overview
> >>        of 1.0, so he can see what to blog and tweet about. I had a
> >>        quick look around, but I couldn’t find anything like this.
> >>
> >>        Pete
> >>

> >>    --     http://blog.arungupta.me
> >>    http://twitter.com/arungupta
> >>

> > --
> > http://blog.arungupta.me
> > http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Mark Struberg
Administrator
I did held a few DeltaSpike talks in the past but it is barely possible to cover all features of DeltaSpike in one go.

There was a 1h talk I held at jaxcon in early 2013 (and later at openblend where I did _heavily_ run out of time).

http://people.apache.org/~struberg/jax2013/apache_deltaspike_jax2013.pdf

It also contains a bit of introduction into CDI. I think this part can be skipped or shortened nowadays as most people are now aware what CDI is and how it works ;)
I developed the idea for this talk together with Gerhard. It basically shows a CDI feature plus what we you can make with it by showing features of DeltaSpike where we used this feature.
Maybe there are bits which you can pick for your talks.

On Saturday, 21 June 2014, 15:41, Gerhard Petracek <[hidden email]> wrote:

>hi antoine,
>
>like everybody else - you are also welcome to donate those parts to the
>documentation itself ;)
>
>regards,
>gerhard

>> I plan writing blog post about Deltaspike mainly about undocumented
>> features like BeanBuilder but also about config.
>> Perhaps we should coordinate actions around Deltaspike promotion (blog,
>> talk) to avoid speaking of the same thing?
>>
>> Antoine
>>

>> Le 21 juin 2014 à 00:37, Arun Gupta <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> > I saw the announcement but it barely provide any detail for a 1.0
>> announcement :)
>> >
>> > I like to provide context, background, download and other relevant
>> details in my blog. Guess will scavenge that information myself.
>> >
>> > Arun

>> announcements - esp. about v1 (see [1]).

>> > --
>> > http://blog.arungupta.me
>> > http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Gerhard Petracek
Administrator
just fyi:
cdi@work [1] will cover deltaspike as well, however, it will take some time
since we publish chapters step by step and the next chapter will be about
cdi in combination with other specs (and not about deltaspike). later on it
will be a nice addition to our documentation, but not within the next weeks.

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://cdiatwork.irian.at

> I did held a few DeltaSpike talks in the past but it is barely possible to
> cover all features of DeltaSpike in one go.
>
> There was a 1h talk I held at jaxcon in early 2013 (and later at openblend
> where I did _heavily_ run out of time).
>
> http://people.apache.org/~struberg/jax2013/apache_deltaspike_jax2013.pdf
>

> It also contains a bit of introduction into CDI. I think this part can be
> skipped or shortened nowadays as most people are now aware what CDI is and
> how it works ;)
> I developed the idea for this talk together with Gerhard. It basically
> shows a CDI feature plus what we you can make with it by showing features
> of DeltaSpike where we used this feature.
> Maybe there are bits which you can pick for your talks.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> On Saturday, 21 June 2014, 15:41, Gerhard Petracek <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> >hi antoine,
> >
> >like everybody else - you are also welcome to donate those parts to the
> >documentation itself ;)
> >
> >regards,
> >gerhard

> >:
> >
> >> I plan writing blog post about Deltaspike mainly about undocumented
> >> features like BeanBuilder but also about config.
> >> Perhaps we should coordinate actions around Deltaspike promotion (blog,
> >> talk) to avoid speaking of the same thing?
> >>
> >> Antoine

> >> announcement :)

> >> details in my blog. Guess will scavenge that information myself.

> >> announcements - esp. about v1 (see [1]).

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Ron Smeral
In february, we also covered some DeltaSpike modules (Core, Data,
BeanVal, PartialBean, JSF, Security) at Red Hat DevConf [1]. We tried to
show how DS fits in as a core part of a post-Seam EE ecosystem along
with some other CDI extensions and integrations like Agorava and
PicketLink. The slides are here [2]. There's a couple of slides which
show what (from Seam, CODI, others) went where (DeltaSpike, elsewhere).
Might come in handy for some transition-related documents.

[1]
http://developerconference2014.sched.org/event/33f6a8cb28f70d9e3570384f8d8b71ee
[2] http://devconf.cz/filebrowser/download/414

--
Ron Smeral
JBoss Quality Engineer
Brno

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Arun Gupta
The blog is now out at:

http://blog.arungupta.me/2014/06/deltaspike-1-0-extend-javaee-techtip32/

--
http://blog.arungupta.me
http://twitter.com/arungupta

Re: Promoting and evangelising DeltaSpike

Rafael Benevides
Nice post!!!!