Fwd: Re: graduation is finished

Shane Bryzak-2
FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: graduation is finished
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:42:14 -0400
From: Shane Curcuru <[hidden email]>
To: Shane Bryzak <[hidden email]>
CC: Mark Struberg <[hidden email]>

Hey Shane!  It's great to meet you!  There aren't enough Shane's in this
world, that's what I say.

Note: this conversation should really be happening on one of
DeltaSpike's mailing lists, rather than offline... feel free to forward
this to your dev@ or private@ list as appropriate to start the
conversation properly.

Yes, the ASF accepts donations of domain names that are directly related
to our Apache project brands - this is presuming the project in question
wants them, of course.  For pre-existing domain names, it helps to keep
them under ASF management to ensure they aren't snapped up by a third
party or domain squatter.

Typically we take any projectname.(com|org|net) if it's pre-existing,
transfer it to the ASF, and then infra manages all the redirects.  To do
this, you should file an INFRA JIRA ticket.  One (long winded) recent
example of such a ticket is here:

Thanks in advance for the donation of deltaspike.org!

- Shane

On 6/13/2013 7:54 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> Hi Shane!
>
> Yes ASF holds a few. But most of them just redirect to the respective *.apache.org pages.
>
> Transfer would be very cool. I've added the other Shane, VP trademarks, to the list.
> ShaneC, how to proceed?
>
> txs and LieGrue,
> strub

Re: Re: graduation is finished

john.d.ament
I like it.  The only thought I might have is whether or not there's concern
that we may not keep the name deltaspike long term.

But I like the name and idea.

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Shane Bryzak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> FYI

Jason Porter
I think at this point in time if we were to change the name it would be a
bad thing and massively confuse the community.

Jason Porter
http://en.gravatar.com/lightguardjp

Re: Re: graduation is finished

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1, we released 0.4 so i'd say too late

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

2013/6/14 Jason Porter <[hidden email]>

> I think at this point in time if we were to change the name it would be a
> bad thing and massively confuse the community.
>

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:47 PM, John D. Ament <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > I like it.  The only thought I might have is whether or not there's
> concern
> > that we may not keep the name deltaspike long term.
> >
> > But I like the name and idea.
> >

> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Shane Bryzak <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > FYI

Mark Struberg
Administrator

+1.

As for the name: I remember that many people back then said "goooo what?".

But at some point in time it doesn't matter anymore - it's established, easy to spell, unique and free of trademarks.

txs for the donation and taking care of the domain before someone else grabs it!

Christian Kaltepoth
+1 for keeping the name. Changing it would be really confusing.

And thanks for donating the domain. :)